Single Ply System
A single ply system is among the most affordable re-roofing options. Your existing roof gains unparalleled leak resistance and energy efficiency. This is the ideal upgrade for most flat or low-slope roofs.
Look into a single ply system for the roof of your commercial or industrial structure.
Call 302-349-5174 for a estimate that is a fraction of the cost of a replacement roof
Complicated roof problems are solved by a simple concept
- Flexible sheets of synthetic rubber are unrolled over the entire surface of your roof. The single layer (that’s how it gets the name “single ply system”) is fastened and sealed to your existing roof. It’s strong, elastic, and long-lasting. And it looks good!
- We use the Flexion™ system; it gets its name because it “flexes” while remaining very tough. It’s made of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) which has been reinforced with a polymer and with fabric, for superior strength. It comes in two thicknesses; the thickest carries a 20 year warranty!
- A single ply system is highly-reflective; 85% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays are bounced away, keeping the roof cooler, which means a significantly reduced demand for cooling in the work or manufacturing space. These white membranes can pay for themselves in energy savings in four to seven years.
- This new roofing material can take the worst abuse our climate dishes out. No dents, no punctures, no problem!
- According to the Single Ply Roofing Industry (SPRI) consumer website, the pre-fabricated sheets on the market today are manufactured to a consistent standard of top quality.
But what about the seams in a single ply system? It’s a frequently asked question by owners who have been dealing with a succession of leaks and repairs surrounding the seams of their current roof. Here’s how our system beats the seam problem:
The flexible sheets are several feet wide. They’re laid side by side, with some overlap, and fastened with metal and screws.
The seams are heat welded to one another. High heat makes the rubber-to-rubber bond unbreakable.
We can spread a liquid version of the synthetic material to coat the seams.
- The manufacturer believes the seams end up stronger than the rest of the roof – which is the exact opposite of old roofing materials. The fact is single ply system seams are six times stronger than those on an EPDM roof. We exclusively use the Conklin® Roof Coating Systems, and have been designated a Master Contractor. We’ve been in the roofing business since 1977, and have never been as excited about any innovation as we have roof coatings.
Industrial buildings get double protection
The membrane is resistant to chemicals and pollutants. So substances in the air outside an industrial building will not damage it. And more importantly, they can not seep into the surface.
Three more major benefits of a single ply system
- It is impervious to ultraviolet rays and ozone, meaning UV will not degrade the material and reduce the useful life of the roof.
- As the “cool roof” energy efficiency reduces the need for cooling in your building, your HVAC lasts longer, because it doesn’t have to work as hard.
- You get high fire resistance. It is very difficult for a fire to spread or even begin with the Class A rated materials.